We are delighted to invite you to register for the upcoming 33rd Annual Conference of Alzheimer Europe #33AEC, which will take place in Helsinki, Finland, under the banner “New opportunities in dementia care, policy and research”.
This event will be mainly in-person but will include some broadcast elements such as plenary sessions, and other carefully selected parallel sessions and symposia to allow those still unable to travel to participate from the comfort of their home or office.
We look forward to welcoming delegates and speakers for our 33rd Annual Conference from 16 to 18 October 2023.
Early bird registrations are now open!
Take advantage of the early bird registration fees until 30 June 2023 to attend in-person in Helsinki or virtually. Register with the early bird rates and benefit from the reduced in-person registration fee of EUR 400 instead of EUR 500.
The full registration fee includes:
- Admission to all in person and online sessions
- Access to on demand videos and posters after the conference till 31 January 2024
- Delegate bag and final programme
- Opening ceremony
- Welcome reception at Helsinki City Hall and transfer to the venue
- Scheduled coffee breaks and lunches on 16, 17 and 18 October
- Networking opportunities
- Access to the exhibition hall
A 30% discount is available for participants from low and middle income countries.
Special rates are also available for people with dementia, students and member associations of Alzheimer Europe. Click here for more information.
Submit your abstract!
Alzheimer Europe and Muistiliitto are calling for abstracts for oral and poster presentations on the following subjects:
- New opportunities in care
- Architecture and design
- Care staff and work force
- Integrated care
- Palliative care
- Relationships and sexuality
- Residential care
- New opportunities in treatment and management
- Comorbidities in dementia
- Detection and diagnosis
- Informal carer support and training
- Living with dementia
- Psycho-social interventions
- Technology and dementia
- New opportunities in research
- Brain health and prevention
- Clinical trial recruitment and retention
- Economic cost of dementia
- Patient and public involvement in research
- Young onset dementia
- New opportunities in policy
- Awareness and anti-stigma campaigns
- Dementia-inclusive initiatives
- Ethical and legal issues in dementia
- LGBTQ+ community
- Minority ethnic groups
- National dementia strategies
The call for abstracts will close on 30 April 2023. Click here for more information.
Alzheimer Europe was able to secure a number of rooms with special rates at the conference hotel Holiday Inn Helsinki Expo until 02 October 2023. After this date, all unclaimed rooms will be released and new bookings may be subject to new prices.
- 15-18 Oct 2023 – 200 rooms available
- 18-19 Oct 2023 – 100 rooms available
Rate / room / night
150 € / standard single room
170 € / standard twin double rooms
The above rates include buffet breakfast.
For accommodation information please click here.
Official carrier information
Access videos and poster presentations from the 32nd Alzheimer Europe Conference for free!
If you were unable to participate in the 32nd Alzheimer Europe Conference in October last year, you can now access some of our on-demand content from the event, free of charge. Videos of plenary and parallel presentations, as well as quick oral presentations are now available online.
View further details and videos on our webpage: Access the videos here
You can also watch the videos in a specially-created playlist, on Alzheimer Europe's YouTube channel: Click here to access the playlist
Follow the event on twitter #33AEC